Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Mobile Marketing

 

mobile marketing

Mobile Marketing

Mobile Marketing or chaos

One day I was driving  to a branded showroom  to buy a shirt for myself,  when my phone started ringing.

“Sir, Calling from Lung Fung Hotel, we are having Chinese food Festival, We would like you to visit our food festival !!”  Last time you visited , you wrote appreciating reviews  about food in the comments  book.

“Let me see !” I said,  and  disconnected.

I had moved a little , when phone again  rang, I picked the call..

“Sir, Your shoes must have torn  , It’s high time you should buy new one !!”

Who is calling ? I asked , How do you know my shoes  are torn?

Sir, I am calling from Robust Footwear, You purchased Pair of shoes, one and half year back from our store, our computer is reminding that your shoes must  have worn out   or are about to get  torn !!

“How do you know that I have only one pair of shoes ??”  I asked.  You need not remind me when to buy new shoes !!!   saying this I disconnected.

..and immediately another call received, This time a gentleman was reminding of Car service, telling  it is over due by six months. I was annoyed, and responded on high tone, “ I service my car or not, it is non of your business”  disconnecting the phone.

No sooner I disconnected , phone buzzed again !

“Sir, Should I book Tickets for movie Padman in matinee show at Inox Theater?” this time it was a Lady for a change…..

Why ?, I asked.

Sir, Our Data system is telling that you watch all the movies of actor Akshay, that’s, why…

..Tired of telling No,  I replied Ok,  book the ticket, and tried to finish the call, the lady replied  back, thanks sir, I am passing your phone number to Ms Pinky, who in our records has always been booking tickets for you..  scared ..

I said,  LEAVE  it !  and disconnected.

Reached the store, selected my shirt of choice and went to billing counter,

“Sir, What is your mobile number ?” asked  cashier.

“I will not give !” I said.

Sir you will get 20% Loyalty discount, if you give your mobile number.

“I will not give” I said adamantly.   My mobile number has circulated so much that this mobile marketing  interfering in my personal free time !!!      it looks.......

Tomorrow Barber will call and say, your hair must be long, you need haircut..

Or the casket service will call on mobile and tell, who knows your children will care after your death!

better you book your coffin of choice in time !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment